After Hillary Clinton was defeated by Donald Trump in the biggest upset of U.S. election history early Wednesday morning, the Internet was awash with reactions to the largely unanticipated outcome. But while many took to social media to either celebrate or lament the night’s results, some began to look ahead four years, announcing their support for candidates who could potentially run for the nation’s highest office in 2020 — including Michelle Obama.
The current First Lady has become one of the most popular political figures in recent history over the course of her husband’s Oval Office tenure, so it’s no surprise that her fans are already advocating for her return to the White House (despite the fact that President Obama has ruled this possibility out).
See some of the pleas for #Michelle2020 to become a reality below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow