The Joanne singer staged a protest outside of Trump Tower, where Donald Trump’s campaign headquarters were located.
Gaga, a prominent supporter of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton stood on a sanitation truck and held a sign that read “Love Trumps Hate;” earlier in the week, the singer had performed and spoken at a rally for Clinton.
Later in the night, Gaga tweeted out a photo of she and Black Lives Matter activist DeRay McKesson, writing to her followers to “In a room full of hope, we will be heard. Stand up for kindness, equality, and love.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time