Donald Trump spoke to a crowd of his supporters at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan early Wednesday morning after his stunning victory over Hillary Clinton in the most bitter presidential election in modern memory.
Trump’s speech came after a remarkable campaign that shattered many of the norms of American politics. He won a slew of battleground states across the country. The Associated Press declared him the winner at 2:30 a.m. E.T., and Clinton conceded shortly after.
Read the transcript of his remarks below:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022