Donald Trump spoke to a crowd of his supporters at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan early Wednesday morning after his stunning victory over Hillary Clinton in the most bitter presidential election in modern memory.
Trump’s speech came after a remarkable campaign that shattered many of the norms of American politics. He won a slew of battleground states across the country. The Associated Press declared him the winner at 2:30 a.m. E.T., and Clinton conceded shortly after.
Read the transcript of his remarks below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now