Donald Trump spoke to a crowd of his supporters at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan early Wednesday morning after his stunning victory over Hillary Clinton in the most bitter presidential election in modern memory.
Trump’s speech came after a remarkable campaign that shattered many of the norms of American politics. He won a slew of battleground states across the country. The Associated Press declared him the winner at 2:30 a.m. E.T., and Clinton conceded shortly after.
Read the transcript of his remarks below:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time