Donald Trump spoke to a crowd of his supporters at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan early Wednesday morning after his stunning victory over Hillary Clinton in the most bitter presidential election in modern memory.
Trump’s speech came after a remarkable campaign that shattered many of the norms of American politics. He won a slew of battleground states across the country. The Associated Press declared him the winner at 2:30 a.m. E.T., and Clinton conceded shortly after.
Read the transcript of his remarks below:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow