Benedict Cumberbatch has been a father for more than a year, but he clearly hasn’t learned one of the most important rules of parenting: if you want your child to get a good night’s rest, don’t read them a scary bedtime story.
During an appearance on Monday’s episode of The Late Late Show, the Doctor Strange star posed as James Corden’s dad, trying to lull the host to sleep with a fairy tale about the 2016 U.S. presidential election. However, after he finished spinning the illustrated yarn about the beige pantsuit-wearing woman (Hillary Clinton) who had to defeat Donald Trump imagined as an orange monster to make it to the beautiful White House, Corden was left cowering under the covers.
“Daddy,” he called to Cumberbatch. “The big orange monster won’t grab me in the night, will he?”
Watch the full video below.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive