During Monday night’s Late Show, the two comedians sang to sway a young street urchin determined to sit this one out, but Broadway musical Hamilton’s star, Javier Muñoz was more persuasive. He delivered a breathless rap verse on why she needed to vote — because “history has its eyes on you.”
The former Daily Show host surprised the audience by appearing as the “Mayor of Candytown” to spit water at Colbert’s face in disbelief after learning that Donald Trump was running for President. (It’s not the first time this duo made this joke — they used it in an earlier Colbert segment about Stewart’s retirement.)
Stewart has made it clear he’s not a fan of the Republican presidential nominee, even going so far as to do a stand-up routine on his Twitter salvo with Trump, or as he referred to him on Monday night’s episode, “that angry tax and draft-dodging little orange groundhog.” So it was no surprise to hear him sing “he acts real tough but he’s a woosie, he’ll probably fill the court with Gary Busey.”
Watch the epic 11-minute performance go down below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving