Donald Trump did not follow typical campaign advertising rules.
The Republican presidential nominee preferred to get so-called “earned media”—free publicity by appearing on cable news shows and other interviews.
He did so well that one estimate was that he had nearly $2 billion in earned media in the Republican primary alone.
Still, Trump eventually came around to airing ads, though they were much darker and more negative than a typical campaign.
Here’s a brief look at his campaign ads this year.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time