On Halloween, Lawson saw how the now-iconic looks of her very famous daughters inspired a lot of incredible Halloween costumes and wanted in on the fun. On Instagram she noted, that the costumes were so cool that she just might try it herself. Over the weekend, she made good on her promise and posted the results to Instagram and, naturally, she completely nailed her daughters’ dramatic looks.
Her take on Beyoncé’s braids-and-fedora look from the “Formation” video was perfection. (Maybe she borrowed some gear for the photo?)
She also replicated Solange’s look from her chart-topping album, A Seat at the Table, and, of course, nailed it. As Solange’s album is meant to pay tribute to her parents, it’s only fitting that her mother would pay homage right back.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State