Donald Trump makes a closing argument to voters in a newly released campaign ad, painting a bleak picture of the U.S. economy while issuing oft-repeated warnings about the “corrupt political establishment.”
“The only thing that can stop this corrupt machine is you. The only force strong enough to save our country is us,” Trump says in his spot.
The two-minute-long spot is longer than most campaign ads and will air in nine battleground states during the final days of the election, according to CNN Money. Trump’s campaign spent $4 million on the ad buy.
“Our movement is about replacing a failed and corrupt political establishment with a new government controlled by you, the American people,” Trump says in the ad, over dark images of Washington D.C. and crowds of cheering supporters at his rallies.
“The political establishment that is trying to stop us is the same group responsible for our disastrous trade deals, massive illegal immigration economic and foreign policies that have bled our country dry.”
Clinton on Saturday debuted a campaign ad set to Katy Perry’s song “Roar,” which will air in 11 battleground states through Election Day.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space