Donald Trump makes a closing argument to voters in a newly released campaign ad, painting a bleak picture of the U.S. economy while issuing oft-repeated warnings about the “corrupt political establishment.”
“The only thing that can stop this corrupt machine is you. The only force strong enough to save our country is us,” Trump says in his spot.
The two-minute-long spot is longer than most campaign ads and will air in nine battleground states during the final days of the election, according to CNN Money. Trump’s campaign spent $4 million on the ad buy.
“Our movement is about replacing a failed and corrupt political establishment with a new government controlled by you, the American people,” Trump says in the ad, over dark images of Washington D.C. and crowds of cheering supporters at his rallies.
“The political establishment that is trying to stop us is the same group responsible for our disastrous trade deals, massive illegal immigration economic and foreign policies that have bled our country dry.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve