A panda had a lucky escape earlier this week after being rescued from a hydroelectric dam.
According to local reports, the female animal fell while trying to cross the power station in China’s Sichuan province on Tuesday, with the video footage showing a group of rescuers hoisting her to safety. After being tranquilized and pulled out of the river, the animal was successfully released back into her natural habitat three hours later. The Telegraph reported that the animal was unharmed by the incident.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time