Justin Timberlake stopped by The Ellen Show on Thursday to chat about Trolls, his “pretty rad” 18-month old Silas, and his upcoming album (he’s currently in the studio with Pharrell Williams, “Tim” [Timbaland], and “Max” [legendary Swedish producer Max Martin], he said). He also set the record straight about a line from his popular summer hit “Can’t Stop the Feeling” that a lot of people might be getting wrong.
Ellen noted that she had sent him a video of her singing along to the song, which he got a kick out of.
“There was no tequila involved,” Timberlake jokes about the clip she had sent him one evening. “My favorite was when you were like ‘just electric, just electric, just electric’… I was like that’s… that’s not the words,” Timberlake admitted, prompting DeGeneres’s surprise. “It pretty clearly says ‘just imagine,'” he breaks it to her.
“You should just change the lyric,” DeGeneres counters. Watch their full encounter, above.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working