Justin Timberlake stopped by The Ellen Show on Thursday to chat about Trolls, his “pretty rad” 18-month old Silas, and his upcoming album (he’s currently in the studio with Pharrell Williams, “Tim” [Timbaland], and “Max” [legendary Swedish producer Max Martin], he said). He also set the record straight about a line from his popular summer hit “Can’t Stop the Feeling” that a lot of people might be getting wrong.
Ellen noted that she had sent him a video of her singing along to the song, which he got a kick out of.
“There was no tequila involved,” Timberlake jokes about the clip she had sent him one evening. “My favorite was when you were like ‘just electric, just electric, just electric’… I was like that’s… that’s not the words,” Timberlake admitted, prompting DeGeneres’s surprise. “It pretty clearly says ‘just imagine,'” he breaks it to her.
“You should just change the lyric,” DeGeneres counters. Watch their full encounter, above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve