Benedict Cumberbatch is an Oscar-nominated actor, so when he stopped by The Tonight Show during his Doctor Strange press tour, Jimmy Fallon had no choice but to ask him to join him for the latest installment of Mad Lib Theater.
In advance of their theater performance, Fallon asked Cumberbatch to help him play a game of Mad-Libs, asking for a series of exclamations, adjectives, names, plural object, a number and body parts (little toe, Benedict?). The pair then inserted the chosen Cumberbatch words into a script that transformed the hodgepodge of responses into a very dramatic scene that they acted out together.
The scene unfolded in a police interrogation room with Cumberbatch (with his American accent) playing cop to Fallon’s suspected egg robber inexplicably named “Mrs. Tate.” Their play got sillier and sillier as it went along. While Fallon is known for his inability to avoid breaking character (they sang an entire song about it on SNL), even Cumberbatch couldn’t avoid cracking up while trying to recite patently ridiculous lines about “gyrating half a millimeter from the crime scene.”
Watch the full clip above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time