Benedict Cumberbatch is an Oscar-nominated actor, so when he stopped by The Tonight Show during his Doctor Strange press tour, Jimmy Fallon had no choice but to ask him to join him for the latest installment of Mad Lib Theater.
In advance of their theater performance, Fallon asked Cumberbatch to help him play a game of Mad-Libs, asking for a series of exclamations, adjectives, names, plural object, a number and body parts (little toe, Benedict?). The pair then inserted the chosen Cumberbatch words into a script that transformed the hodgepodge of responses into a very dramatic scene that they acted out together.
The scene unfolded in a police interrogation room with Cumberbatch (with his American accent) playing cop to Fallon’s suspected egg robber inexplicably named “Mrs. Tate.” Their play got sillier and sillier as it went along. While Fallon is known for his inability to avoid breaking character (they sang an entire song about it on SNL), even Cumberbatch couldn’t avoid cracking up while trying to recite patently ridiculous lines about “gyrating half a millimeter from the crime scene.”
Watch the full clip above.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement