Beyoncé’s show-stealing appearance at Super Bowl 50 halftime show alongside headliner Coldplay and fellow musical guest Bruno Mars was unforgettable and apparently Cheeto-fueled.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Mars talks about what it was like to perform with Bey, sharing an anecdote about the two of them practicing before the Super Bowl and commiserating about their diets together.
“Me and Beyoncé were both working on our diets, stressing out,” he said. “Then the day before, we’re watching playback backstage, and she’s eating a bag of Cheetos. I’m like, ‘That’s what you’re doing?'”
Beyoncé’s response to Mars was both pragmatic and perfect, re-confirming why she’s the queen.
“She’s like, ‘There’s nothing more we can do these last two days. It’s gonna be what it’s gonna be. So I’m gonna enjoy this bag of Cheetos.'”
This isn’t the first time that Queen Bey has shown an affinity for cheese doodles, however; one only needs to look as far as her very excellent Party video (1:56 to be exact) to remember that Beyoncé’s always enjoyed Cheetos.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State