Still scrambling to put together a special Valentine’s Day for your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or gender non-specific partner? Well, if you’re in England have an extra $100,000 lying around, you’re in luck.
Luxury retail site Very First To and culinary site Great British Chefs have teamed up to offer an incredibly opulent, holistic dining-and-romance experience. Michelin-starred chef Adam Simmonds will actually come to your home and prepare the meal for you. (If you’re located outside the greater London area, travel and accommodation costs will apply.) The whole package will set you back £61,000 (about $99,478.80), which sounds like a lot, but here are just a few of the many things included:
- A live harpist
- A “romantic poet”
- A dozen white doves
- Oysters that are probably very delicious
- Food that includes white truffles and gold leaf
- Rose petals
- A lot of wine
See the full menu for more details about the eight-course meal. And if you’d feel guilty dropping this kind of cash for Valentine’s Day, kindly note that with each package purchased, £1,000 (about $1630) will be donated to a charity called The Prince’s Trust.
The deadline to make your purchase is Feb. 11. Again, we’d like to reiterate that this not only includes a bunch of fancy foods, it also includes a dozen doves and a real live romantic poet, so it’s actually quite a bargain and we’d all be silly not to buy it.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving