Melania Trump said that as first lady she would focus on reducing negativity on social media.
“I will focus on helping children and women, and also about social media. In this 21st century, what’s going on, it’s very hurtful to children. To some adults as well, but we need to take care of children,” she said.
Some of the adults that Trump might have been referencing were those running for president in 2016 or indirectly pulled into the election, often by her husband, who has a habit of feuding on Twitter.
Here’s a look at 10 of the meanest tweets of the 2016 election, in chronological order.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time