Everyone, meet the evil Count Olaf.
Netflix has released a new teaser for Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, which introduces us to Neil Patrick Harris’ sinister turn as Count Olaf, the orphaned Baudelaire children’s new guardian.
Unfortunately, Olaf isn’t the savior the children were looking for, as it turns out he’s merely after their fortune and is a “thief and a murderer” who “has so far escaped capture.” However, that appears to be just the tip of the iceberg. In the short clip, Count Olaf assures the Baudelaires that they “haven’t the faintest idea” how horrible he can be.
Watch the trailer above.
Netflix’s adaptation of Lemony Snicket’s clever book series also stars Malina Weissman and Louis Hynes as Violet and Klaus Baudelaire, respectively, and debuts Friday, Jan. 13.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving