Everyone, meet the evil Count Olaf.
Netflix has released a new teaser for Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, which introduces us to Neil Patrick Harris’ sinister turn as Count Olaf, the orphaned Baudelaire children’s new guardian.
Unfortunately, Olaf isn’t the savior the children were looking for, as it turns out he’s merely after their fortune and is a “thief and a murderer” who “has so far escaped capture.” However, that appears to be just the tip of the iceberg. In the short clip, Count Olaf assures the Baudelaires that they “haven’t the faintest idea” how horrible he can be.
Watch the trailer above.
Netflix’s adaptation of Lemony Snicket’s clever book series also stars Malina Weissman and Louis Hynes as Violet and Klaus Baudelaire, respectively, and debuts Friday, Jan. 13.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement