Lupita Nyong’o brought the house down during an appearance on Lip Sync Battle, where she took on Regina Hall’s impression of The Weeknd’s “Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)” with a steamy homage to Salt-N-Pepa’s classic, “Whatta Man.”
The Oscar winner pulled out all the stops as she enlisted a girl gang and shirtless firemen to back up her undeniably impressive dance moves and perfect lip-syncing.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that Nyong’o is a triple threat — we already saw her show off her skills when she dropped a hot sixteen as her rap alter ego “Troublemaker” in September.
It looks like Salt-N-Pepa is having a moment as well — between Queen Bey, Blue Ivy, and Tina Knowles-Lawson dressing up as them for Halloween and Lupita bringing back “Whatta Man,” this is their week for throwbacks.
Watch Lupita’s full performance below.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma