Lupita Nyong’o brought the house down during an appearance on Lip Sync Battle, where she took on Regina Hall’s impression of The Weeknd’s “Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)” with a steamy homage to Salt-N-Pepa’s classic, “Whatta Man.”
The Oscar winner pulled out all the stops as she enlisted a girl gang and shirtless firemen to back up her undeniably impressive dance moves and perfect lip-syncing.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that Nyong’o is a triple threat — we already saw her show off her skills when she dropped a hot sixteen as her rap alter ego “Troublemaker” in September.
It looks like Salt-N-Pepa is having a moment as well — between Queen Bey, Blue Ivy, and Tina Knowles-Lawson dressing up as them for Halloween and Lupita bringing back “Whatta Man,” this is their week for throwbacks.
Watch Lupita’s full performance below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science