The Chicago Cubs defeated the Cleveland Indians in a historic seventh game on Wednesday night, bringing them their first World Series in 108 years, lighting up social media.
Needless to say, this was a highly emotional night for diehard Cubs fans who have been waiting for a World Series win since their last win in 1908; from super fan and national treasure Bill Murray to former Supreme Court Justice, John Paul Stevens, Cubs fans have made no secret of their extreme love for their team.
We’ve rounded up the most heartwarming reactions to the Cubs’ phenomenal win from loyal fans everywhere, below.
No one was more excited than Bill Murray who believed in the Cubs so much that he crashed a White House press conference a few weeks earlier to discuss his team.
Some people just couldn’t contain their excitement.
While others were experiencing a win for the first time in a very, very long time.
Even astrophysicist and aspiring rapper Neil DeGrasse Tyson got in on the fun, letting fans know what was happening in the world the last time the Cubs won.
Many congrats to the Cubs!
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve