The Chicago Cubs defeated the Cleveland Indians in a historic seventh game on Wednesday night, bringing them their first World Series in 108 years, lighting up social media.
Needless to say, this was a highly emotional night for diehard Cubs fans who have been waiting for a World Series win since their last win in 1908; from super fan and national treasure Bill Murray to former Supreme Court Justice, John Paul Stevens, Cubs fans have made no secret of their extreme love for their team.
We’ve rounded up the most heartwarming reactions to the Cubs’ phenomenal win from loyal fans everywhere, below.
No one was more excited than Bill Murray who believed in the Cubs so much that he crashed a White House press conference a few weeks earlier to discuss his team.
Some people just couldn’t contain their excitement.
While others were experiencing a win for the first time in a very, very long time.
Even astrophysicist and aspiring rapper Neil DeGrasse Tyson got in on the fun, letting fans know what was happening in the world the last time the Cubs won.
Many congrats to the Cubs!
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart