Could two of television’s most popular shows ever possibly be connected? Some fans think so. In a new video from Netflix exploring the theory that Breaking Bad is a prequel to The Walking Dead, the streaming service posits that Walter White’s infamous blue meth is what started the zombie apocalypse.
“What if Breaking Bad was about more than Walter White starting as a bumbling chemistry teacher and turning himself into a full fledged monster?,” the voiceover begins. “What if he turned everyone into full-fledged monsters?”
The evidence connecting the two series seems shaky at best — especially considering one is set in New Mexico while the other takes place in Georgia and Virginia — but it’s still cool too see the Easter eggs that AMC appears to have left for viewers to pick up on.
Watch the full video below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears