Could two of television’s most popular shows ever possibly be connected? Some fans think so. In a new video from Netflix exploring the theory that Breaking Bad is a prequel to The Walking Dead, the streaming service posits that Walter White’s infamous blue meth is what started the zombie apocalypse.
“What if Breaking Bad was about more than Walter White starting as a bumbling chemistry teacher and turning himself into a full fledged monster?,” the voiceover begins. “What if he turned everyone into full-fledged monsters?”
The evidence connecting the two series seems shaky at best — especially considering one is set in New Mexico while the other takes place in Georgia and Virginia — but it’s still cool too see the Easter eggs that AMC appears to have left for viewers to pick up on.
Watch the full video below.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma