Beyoncé surprised fans at the 50th annual Country Music Association Awards on Wednesday night, by performing “Daddy Lessons” alongside the Dixie Chicks.
As the Lemonade creator is not usually associated with country music, rumors and questions swirled ahead of her performance with people debating what she would sing. Most guessed she would go with “Daddy Lessons,” the country track off Lemonade, which the Dixie Chicks covered live this year.
Halfway through the song they mixed in several lines from the Dixie Chicks’ 2002 hit “Long Time Gone.”
Beyoncé is not the first performer to cross genres at the CMAs — Justin Timberlake joined Chris Stapleton on stage last year for some duets.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating