First Lady Michelle Obama got a taste of Ina Garten’s cooking when they filmed an episode of Barefoot Contessa at the White House earlier this month.
In a clip released from the upcoming one-hour special episode, Barefoot in Washington, Garten spoke with Obama about what she and President Barack Obama will do once they leave the White House.
“I know it’s going to be wonderful for you. You’re going to do something extraordinary going forward,” Garten said to Obama.
Obama, who appears to share a universal dream to attend one of Garten’s dinner parties, replied, “Yeah, I’m going to come and eat at your house. So don’t be surprised.”
Garten said she hoped the Obamas are “going to take a really long, really romantic vacation,” once leaving office.
Garten was visiting the White House to attend the official White House Kitchen Garden dedication. She and Obama shared a plate of veggie tarts and salad wraps using vegetables from the White House garden, People reported.
“You’ve inspired girls all over the world, including me, so thank you,” Garten told Obama.
The episode airs Nov. 5 at 1 p.m. ET on the Food Network.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now