The Chicago Cubs have made some extra preparations for their decisive Wednesday night World Series game, tweeting out a template for “super official excuse notes” for fans to miss work.
The note asks employers to excuse fans from their duties as the Cubs face a Game 7 showdown with the Cleveland Indians to try and win the World Series for the first time in 108 years. The final game is “kind of a big deal,” as the note puts, as the Cubs have been the lovable underdogs of the competition and count Bill Murray and John Paul Stevens among devoted fans.
See the note below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating