The Chicago Cubs have made some extra preparations for their decisive Wednesday night World Series game, tweeting out a template for “super official excuse notes” for fans to miss work.
The note asks employers to excuse fans from their duties as the Cubs face a Game 7 showdown with the Cleveland Indians to try and win the World Series for the first time in 108 years. The final game is “kind of a big deal,” as the note puts, as the Cubs have been the lovable underdogs of the competition and count Bill Murray and John Paul Stevens among devoted fans.
See the note below.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy