The Chicago Cubs have made some extra preparations for their decisive Wednesday night World Series game, tweeting out a template for “super official excuse notes” for fans to miss work.
The note asks employers to excuse fans from their duties as the Cubs face a Game 7 showdown with the Cleveland Indians to try and win the World Series for the first time in 108 years. The final game is “kind of a big deal,” as the note puts, as the Cubs have been the lovable underdogs of the competition and count Bill Murray and John Paul Stevens among devoted fans.
See the note below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com