During an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the 29-year-old former Bantamweight champion revealed that her attempt to regain her title at UFC 207 will mark the beginning of the end of her mixed martial arts career. “This is definitely one of my last fights,” she told the host. “Everybody better watch because the show isn’t going to be around forever.”
However, its not the fighting itself that has her ready for retirement, but rather the hype leading up to it. “I think it’s the build-up that’s more tiring than anything else,” she said. “Like if we had a fight right now, I’d fight right now and then I’d go get dinner, and I wouldn’t feel really tired about it. It’s the weeks and weeks of build-up beforehand, and you know you’re fighting this one person, and it’s your showdown, the most important thing in your whole life, and millions of people are watching.”
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org