President Obama met a reminder of his future on Monday, when he greeted a trick-or-treater dressed as a “lame duck” — a label the President will have to adopt next week, once the election ends and the next President is chosen.
The child, dressed in a duck costume wrapped in a bandage, was seen standing with Obama during the annual trick-or-treat event held on the White House South Lawn.
Area students visited the White House for trick-or-treating and shows during its annual Halloween party. The President and First Lady Michelle Obama handed out candy and mingled with kids, even dancing to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space