Remember Total Request Live, MTV’s crazy-popular music video countdown show? On Monday, The Today Show brought us back to 1999—with none other than host Carson Daly himself. In the blast from the past, Daly wore the exact same outfit he’d worn on the show before. We guess he hasn’t done much closet cleaning in the intervening years. The 43-year-old and ageless TV host almost looks younger in the shots from Today, despite the outmoded faded baggy jeans, dyed hair and extended sideburns, and a hint of nail polish.
The rest of the Today gang also got in 90s-appropriate costume, recreating looks from Pulp Fiction, Seinfeld, and others as Daly counted down the iconic pop culture moments of the year. But it’s Daly’s faithful recreation of his own persona that’s pulling at our nostalgic heartstrings. Take a look at his uncanny ability to travel back in time, below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time