Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel, who has endorsed Donald Trump for president, will discuss his support for the Republican nominee and his thoughts on the 2016 election on Monday.
The venture capitalist and entrepreneur is attending a National Press Club event in Washington D.C., where he will answer questions from reporters about his endorsement.
Thiel, who co-founded PayPal and Palantir Technologies Inc., said he would donate $1.25 million to Trump’s campaign after announcing his support for the candidate at the Republican National Convention in July. The announcement sparked anger among those in the technology industry. Thiel said Friday that he was “surprised by the intensity” of the backlash in an interview with the New York Times. “We’re at such a crucial point that you have to overlook personal characteristics,” he said.
The event begins at 11 a.m. EST. Watch it live above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization