Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel, who has endorsed Donald Trump for president, will discuss his support for the Republican nominee and his thoughts on the 2016 election on Monday.
The venture capitalist and entrepreneur is attending a National Press Club event in Washington D.C., where he will answer questions from reporters about his endorsement.
Thiel, who co-founded PayPal and Palantir Technologies Inc., said he would donate $1.25 million to Trump’s campaign after announcing his support for the candidate at the Republican National Convention in July. The announcement sparked anger among those in the technology industry. Thiel said Friday that he was “surprised by the intensity” of the backlash in an interview with the New York Times. “We’re at such a crucial point that you have to overlook personal characteristics,” he said.
The event begins at 11 a.m. EST. Watch it live above.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022