Netflix’s not-that-scary series Stranger Things has become a cultural phenomenon. Having already inspired its own costume party in Brooklyn, New York, the show scored a devoted fan base early on. Case in point: Stranger Things cosplay started long before October. But this Halloween, fan tributes to the nostalgic thriller reached a fever pitch as people pulled out all the stops to pay tribute to their favorite ordinary heroes from Hawkins, Indiana. From the ever-popular Eleven costume to the elaborate demon, here are the best of the Stranger Things Halloween getups.
People captured the group friendship spirit of the series by dressing up as the adventurous crew.
Stranger Things fans nailed it all—right down to the facial expressions.
Babies and dogs got in on the fun.
In addition to dressing up as characters, several people recreated the show’s iconic wallpapered message board wall that Joyce (Winona Ryder) strung with brightly colored Christmas lights to communicate with her lost son.
Some diehard fans even recreated scenes from the show as
All the points to the partiers who dared to go as the show’s flower-faced demon.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.