Leonardo DiCaprio, Earth’s leading man and the world’s most eligible maybe-bachelor, may give heart palpitations to his legion of admirers worldwide with news that he is offering his company up as a raffle prize for Scottish homelessness charity Social Bite.
To enter, you must simply donate $6.09 (£5) to the cause. And with that, you’re automatically in the running for what could be the most exciting lunch of your life. It’s not quite a one-on-one with the dapper Oscar-winner and environment advocate; you’ll be accompanied by the charity’s director, one Sir Tom Hunter, Chairman of the Scottish Business Awards. But that shouldn’t stop anyone from looking at this as a rare and affordable opportunity to liaise with Romeo/Jordan Belfort/Jack Dawson/(insert preferred DiCaprio romantic character here) over a delicious lunch at Edinburgh’s Home restaurant. If you can stop staring deep into Leo’s earnest baby blues long enough to bother eating, that is.
On top of all that, it’s for a good cause. The restaurant serves food to the public and provides locals in need with free meals and employment training; donation proceeds go towards those free meals. Winners also receive a hotel stay, train ticket, and shopping voucher, but that’s all small beans in comparison to the Leo experience.
There is one snag in the small print: this contest is for UK residents only. Cue the collective moan of a world of non-UK fans. Assuming this raffle is a wild success, we eagerly await the U.S. version of this opportunity.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving