When the seventh-inning stretch rolls around in Friday’s World Series meeting between the Chicago Cubs and the Cleveland Indians, Bill Murray will lead the crowd in Wrigley Field’s traditional rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.”
The Cubs superfan has been given the honor of performing the renowned baseball tune during game 3 of the MLB championship — the Cubs’ first home World Series matchup since their 1945 game 7 loss against the Detroit Tigers. The franchise hasn’t won the World Series since 1908 — the longest championship drought in all of American professional sports.
Murray has long openly supported his hometown team, most recently with a stunt that saw him crashing a White House Press Briefing decked out entirely in Cubs merchandise.
[h/t Chicago Tribune]
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now