In a special ode to Halloween, James Corden and One Direction’s Niall Horan performed an amusing tribute to trick-or-treating during The Late Late Show Thursday night.
The comic pair parodied Ginuwine’s song ‘Pony’ with the lyrics rewritten to be about candy – rather than romance. “I’m just a Batman, looking for some Pop Rocks, something that’s sweet inside, you look like the right fun size,” Corden – or ‘Captain Sugar Daddy’ sang to a discerning resident while raiding her bowl of treats. “Girl, when you break me open a Kit Kat, I’m gonna make you Tootsie Pie,” added Niall.
The stars then moved into the remarkably catchy chorus, declaring “If you’re scary, let’s do it, give it, my candy. My satchel’s waiting, trick or treat on it.”
Tweeting before the show began, British Corden wrote: “On tonight’s show @NiallOfficial and I went trick or treating last night and it got sexy!”. Judge whether or not it ‘got sexy’ for yourself, here:
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement