A 19-year-old Texas teen was arrested for driving while intoxicated after she collided with a parked police car while attempting to send a Snapchat message, police said.
Miranda Kay Rader, a Texas A&M University student, was released on a $2,000 bond, CBS News reports. A police report indicated she may have been trying to send a topless selfie, though it didn’t say so explicitly.
“The white female driver with an unclasped brasserie, was attempting to put a black blouse on,” the Bryan, Texas police officer whose car she hit Wednesday wrote in his report. “I also observed an open, green-tinted glass bottle of wine in the center console cupholder. I [asked] her why she was not dressed while driving and she stated that she was taking a Snapchat photo to send to her boyfriend while she was at the red light.”
“Don’t Drink and Drive! Don’t #snapchat photos to your boyfriend and drive!” the Bryan Police Deptartment wrote on Twitter.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working