The All-Pro cornerback showed up to his weekly media appearance decked out in a full Harry Potter costume — including Gryffindor robes and a pair of round glasses — prompting the author to show some love for his squad. “Did I ever mention that I’m a #Seahawks fan?,” Rowling tweeted Thursday. “Well, I am. (Don’t ask me who plays for them apart from R Sherman.)”
Sherman told the press he had donned the getup to appease his son, who had requested he dress up for Halloween. However, when asked about whether he thought the Seahawks’ recent overtime tie with the Arizona Cardinals was more taxing than a Quidditch match, he had to carefully consider his answer.
“Five quarters of football is pretty tough but Quidditch, you know — the beaters, the chasers, trying to find the golden snitch, things like that — that’s tough,” he said. “Five quarters of football though, in the elements. I’d say that takes the cake.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.