Following the Seattle Seahawks’ latest news conference, J.K. Rowling took to Twitter to reveal she’s a fan of the Emerald City’s NFL team — and it’s all thanks to Richard Sherman.
The All-Pro cornerback showed up to his weekly media appearance decked out in a full Harry Potter costume — including Gryffindor robes and a pair of round glasses — prompting the author to show some love for his squad. “Did I ever mention that I’m a #Seahawks fan?,” Rowling tweeted Thursday. “Well, I am. (Don’t ask me who plays for them apart from R Sherman.)”
Sherman told the press he had donned the getup to appease his son, who had requested he dress up for Halloween. However, when asked about whether he thought the Seahawks’ recent overtime tie with the Arizona Cardinals was more taxing than a Quidditch match, he had to carefully consider his answer.
“Five quarters of football is pretty tough but Quidditch, you know — the beaters, the chasers, trying to find the golden snitch, things like that — that’s tough,” he said. “Five quarters of football though, in the elements. I’d say that takes the cake.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement