The All-Pro cornerback showed up to his weekly media appearance decked out in a full Harry Potter costume — including Gryffindor robes and a pair of round glasses — prompting the author to show some love for his squad. “Did I ever mention that I’m a #Seahawks fan?,” Rowling tweeted Thursday. “Well, I am. (Don’t ask me who plays for them apart from R Sherman.)”
Sherman told the press he had donned the getup to appease his son, who had requested he dress up for Halloween. However, when asked about whether he thought the Seahawks’ recent overtime tie with the Arizona Cardinals was more taxing than a Quidditch match, he had to carefully consider his answer.
“Five quarters of football is pretty tough but Quidditch, you know — the beaters, the chasers, trying to find the golden snitch, things like that — that’s tough,” he said. “Five quarters of football though, in the elements. I’d say that takes the cake.”
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at email@example.com