The All-Pro cornerback showed up to his weekly media appearance decked out in a full Harry Potter costume — including Gryffindor robes and a pair of round glasses — prompting the author to show some love for his squad. “Did I ever mention that I’m a #Seahawks fan?,” Rowling tweeted Thursday. “Well, I am. (Don’t ask me who plays for them apart from R Sherman.)”
Sherman told the press he had donned the getup to appease his son, who had requested he dress up for Halloween. However, when asked about whether he thought the Seahawks’ recent overtime tie with the Arizona Cardinals was more taxing than a Quidditch match, he had to carefully consider his answer.
“Five quarters of football is pretty tough but Quidditch, you know — the beaters, the chasers, trying to find the golden snitch, things like that — that’s tough,” he said. “Five quarters of football though, in the elements. I’d say that takes the cake.”
Watch the full clip below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up