Correction appended, Oct. 28, 2016
Elijah Wood did not play Harry Potter, okay? He starred in that other blockbuster movie franchise, The Lord of the Rings. While Wood is a dark haired, blue-eyed actor, like Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, Wood played both a hobbit, and is not British, which should help people keep them separate, but it doesn’t.
Wood stopped by Conan on Wednesday night to try to set the record straight. He explained that the confusion started years ago when both movies were in theaters. Wood would be mistaken for Radcliffe, Radcliffe would be mistaken for Wood. “We get it, the joke is over,” said Wood, optimistically.
Instead the joke just keeps on keeping on and Conan O’Brien didn’t help matters. He used a computer program to show how similar the actors actually look. The only remaining option? A duel, ideally one where they were both dressed as their beloved characters.
Watch the full clip above.
Correction: The original version of this story included an incorrect acting credit for Elijah Wood.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now