Correction appended, Oct. 28, 2016
Elijah Wood did not play Harry Potter, okay? He starred in that other blockbuster movie franchise, The Lord of the Rings. While Wood is a dark haired, blue-eyed actor, like Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, Wood played both a hobbit, and is not British, which should help people keep them separate, but it doesn’t.
Wood stopped by Conan on Wednesday night to try to set the record straight. He explained that the confusion started years ago when both movies were in theaters. Wood would be mistaken for Radcliffe, Radcliffe would be mistaken for Wood. “We get it, the joke is over,” said Wood, optimistically.
Instead the joke just keeps on keeping on and Conan O’Brien didn’t help matters. He used a computer program to show how similar the actors actually look. The only remaining option? A duel, ideally one where they were both dressed as their beloved characters.
Watch the full clip above.
Correction: The original version of this story included an incorrect acting credit for Elijah Wood.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up