Correction appended, Oct. 28, 2016
Elijah Wood did not play Harry Potter, okay? He starred in that other blockbuster movie franchise, The Lord of the Rings. While Wood is a dark haired, blue-eyed actor, like Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, Wood played both a hobbit, and is not British, which should help people keep them separate, but it doesn’t.
Wood stopped by Conan on Wednesday night to try to set the record straight. He explained that the confusion started years ago when both movies were in theaters. Wood would be mistaken for Radcliffe, Radcliffe would be mistaken for Wood. “We get it, the joke is over,” said Wood, optimistically.
Instead the joke just keeps on keeping on and Conan O’Brien didn’t help matters. He used a computer program to show how similar the actors actually look. The only remaining option? A duel, ideally one where they were both dressed as their beloved characters.
Watch the full clip above.
Correction: The original version of this story included an incorrect acting credit for Elijah Wood.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time