A slew of familiar faces appear in a new campaign video for a California state senate candidate remixing Huey Lewis’ “Hip to Be Square.”
Hip-hop artist MC Hammer, former congressman Barney Frank, actor Jaleel White, best known for playing Steve Urkel on ’90s sitcom Family Matters, and football players Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott all feature in the ad.
The ad, created by content studio Portal A on behalf of the Robert F. Kennedy Democratic Club, advocates for Scott Wiener in California’s 11th district, arguing that “it’s hip to be square.” The ad portrays Wiener, currently a member of the San Fransisco Board of Supervisors, as a boring but capable leader.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror