The always-provocative Miley Cyrus has been courting engagement rumors for months, thanks to the sparkly (non-edible) accessory on her ring finger and her continued coziness with former (and present) significant other Liam Hemsworth.
On Thursday’s Ellen Show, the host asked the Voice coach about that ring. And although Cyrus did not directly answer the question of whether or not she’s formally betrothed to the Hemsworth brother and Hunger Games actor—brushing right past Ellen’s congratulations—she did explain why wearing the “engagement ring” as Ellen called it can be a bit challenging for her sometimes.
“It’s very weird because this is like real jewelry and most of my jewelry is made out of gummy bears and cotton candy, and they don’t look that good together because they kind of mix up, so sometimes I replace it with an actual unicorn or a Looney Tune. And he’s kind of like, what’s going on? I am like, this isn’t really my aesthetic, but I’ll wear it because you [Liam] love me,” Cyrus explained to DeGeneres.
Relationship aesthetics can be hard.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was