The always-provocative Miley Cyrus has been courting engagement rumors for months, thanks to the sparkly (non-edible) accessory on her ring finger and her continued coziness with former (and present) significant other Liam Hemsworth.
On Thursday’s Ellen Show, the host asked the Voice coach about that ring. And although Cyrus did not directly answer the question of whether or not she’s formally betrothed to the Hemsworth brother and Hunger Games actor—brushing right past Ellen’s congratulations—she did explain why wearing the “engagement ring” as Ellen called it can be a bit challenging for her sometimes.
“It’s very weird because this is like real jewelry and most of my jewelry is made out of gummy bears and cotton candy, and they don’t look that good together because they kind of mix up, so sometimes I replace it with an actual unicorn or a Looney Tune. And he’s kind of like, what’s going on? I am like, this isn’t really my aesthetic, but I’ll wear it because you [Liam] love me,” Cyrus explained to DeGeneres.
Relationship aesthetics can be hard.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk