The always-provocative Miley Cyrus has been courting engagement rumors for months, thanks to the sparkly (non-edible) accessory on her ring finger and her continued coziness with former (and present) significant other Liam Hemsworth.
On Thursday’s Ellen Show, the host asked the Voice coach about that ring. And although Cyrus did not directly answer the question of whether or not she’s formally betrothed to the Hemsworth brother and Hunger Games actor—brushing right past Ellen’s congratulations—she did explain why wearing the “engagement ring” as Ellen called it can be a bit challenging for her sometimes.
“It’s very weird because this is like real jewelry and most of my jewelry is made out of gummy bears and cotton candy, and they don’t look that good together because they kind of mix up, so sometimes I replace it with an actual unicorn or a Looney Tune. And he’s kind of like, what’s going on? I am like, this isn’t really my aesthetic, but I’ll wear it because you [Liam] love me,” Cyrus explained to DeGeneres.
Relationship aesthetics can be hard.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up