The bromance between Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon reached epic musical levels on Wednesday as they performed a major ’90s throwback sketch.
The pair, who have previously showcased their rap talents on Fallon’s The Tonight Show, resurrected their high school nerd characters – wigs and all. In the sketch, Timberlake and Fallon play a pair of teenage boys at summer camp who can’t sleep after lights out. So of course, they break into a rendition of Alanis Morissette’s 90s classic ‘Ironic’ with torchlight special effects, despite being told off by their camp leader.
After the sketch, Timberlake sat down with Fallon and addressed the recent controversy surrounding the selfie that he took while casting his vote in the presidential election earlier this week in Tennessee. The actor said to Fallon, “Well, I recently voted. It was super quiet and under the radar.”
Timberlake later encouraged viewers to vote, adding “but, uh, don’t take a picture of yourself in there.” After a round of the ‘Best Friend Challenge’, the pair stayed true to form and rounded off the evening in musical style, performing an impromptu duet of Toto’s song ‘Africa’.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk