Hillary Clinton received an unexpected early birthday present Tuesday at the Adele concert she attended in Miami, when the pop star endorsed her for President of the United States. A noted Adele fan, the move really struck Clinton.
During an interview with SiriusXM’s Mark Thompson, the Democratic presidential nominee discussed her reaction to endorsements from the 25 singer as well as former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
“I feel really grateful. I’ve had the opportunity to work with Secretary Powell and know him for a number of years now and have the highest regard for him so that was a real honor,” the newly minted 69-year-old said Wednesday. “I went to the Adele concert after we finished our day of campaigning in Florida and I was stunned and thrilled because I’m a huge fan of hers and it meant a lot to me that she said something so positive.”
Adele asked the crowd between songs if they were excited about the election. “I am English, but what happens in America affects me too,” she said. “Don’t vote for [Republican nominee Donald Trump], that’s all I’m saying.
“I can’t vote, but I am 100 percent for Hillary Clinton. I love her, she’s amazing,” Adele added.
Hear a clip from Clinton’s interview below. The full interview debuts Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. ET on “Make It Plain with Mark Thompson” on SiriusXM’s Progress channel 127.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time