Hillary Clinton received an unexpected early birthday present Tuesday at the Adele concert she attended in Miami, when the pop star endorsed her for President of the United States. A noted Adele fan, the move really struck Clinton.
During an interview with SiriusXM’s Mark Thompson, the Democratic presidential nominee discussed her reaction to endorsements from the 25 singer as well as former Secretary of State Colin Powell.
“I feel really grateful. I’ve had the opportunity to work with Secretary Powell and know him for a number of years now and have the highest regard for him so that was a real honor,” the newly minted 69-year-old said Wednesday. “I went to the Adele concert after we finished our day of campaigning in Florida and I was stunned and thrilled because I’m a huge fan of hers and it meant a lot to me that she said something so positive.”
Adele asked the crowd between songs if they were excited about the election. “I am English, but what happens in America affects me too,” she said. “Don’t vote for [Republican nominee Donald Trump], that’s all I’m saying.
“I can’t vote, but I am 100 percent for Hillary Clinton. I love her, she’s amazing,” Adele added.
Hear a clip from Clinton’s interview below. The full interview debuts Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. ET on “Make It Plain with Mark Thompson” on SiriusXM’s Progress channel 127.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer