Michael Phelps has been secretly married to Nicole Johnson for months.
The Olympic swimmer and his wife tied the knot during a June 13 ceremony in Paradise Valley, Arizona, People reports after obtaining a copy of the couple’s record of marriage. TMZ broke the news on Wednesday.
Peter Carlisle, Phelps’ agent and friend, officiated the ceremony, People reports.
“I really can’t wait to get married,” he said at the time. “It will be small destination wedding later this year. It’s the next big milestone I’m looking forward to.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at firstname.lastname@example.org