The debate was later resolved with an explanation of color constancy, but in the end, it remained a hot meme and point of dissent for many.
Now, it looks like there’s a new optical illusion that’s stirring up conversation on the Internet. Instagram user Hunter Culverhouse posted a photo of legs covered in white paint, but some people are seeing shiny, glossy legs instead.
Culverhouse told Insider‘s Jacob Shamsian that the illusion was created on accident.
“[I] had some white paint left on my brush and put random lines on my legs, turned out to be a completely confusing picture for everyone on the internet.”
What do you think? Shiny legs or legs with white paint?
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow