The debate was later resolved with an explanation of color constancy, but in the end, it remained a hot meme and point of dissent for many.
Now, it looks like there’s a new optical illusion that’s stirring up conversation on the Internet. Instagram user Hunter Culverhouse posted a photo of legs covered in white paint, but some people are seeing shiny, glossy legs instead.
Culverhouse told Insider‘s Jacob Shamsian that the illusion was created on accident.
“[I] had some white paint left on my brush and put random lines on my legs, turned out to be a completely confusing picture for everyone on the internet.”
What do you think? Shiny legs or legs with white paint?
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy