Tom Hanks took time from his busy schedule of crashing weddings and hosting Saturday Night Live to reveal that not only does he approve of the Splash remake, but that he would like to be a part of it.
According to the AP, Hanks — who starred in the 1984 original movie about Allen Bauer, a man who falls in love with a female mermaid — is in full support of the gender-reversed reboot. Channing Tatum will star as a mer-man in a new project developed by Ron Howard, the first movie’s director and Brian Grazer, who came up with the idea for the original.
“No one asked me. I am all in favor of it,” Hanks said. “Why not? That’s fine.”
Hanks, however, thinks the remake could be improved even further by adding his character into the plot.
“Look, I think if they were really going to be bold, I would come back as Allen Bauer, and I would go off with Channing Tatum. That would be a bold movie. And I am suggesting it right now.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time