Adele told fans at a Miami concert Tuesday night that she’s “100% for Hillary Clinton”—as Clinton listened from the audience.
“Don’t vote for [Donald Trump],” the singer said, according to CNN. “I can’t vote but I am 100% for Hillary Clinton, I love her, she’s amazing.”
While this isn’t the first time Adele has praised Clinton or denounced Trump during her North American tour, it was the first time that the Democratic presidential nominee was there to hear it.
Adele, who is British, acknowledged that the next President of the U.S. has an impact on the entire world, not just the country. “I am English, but what happens in America affects me, too,” Adele told the audience at American Airlines Arena.
In a March interview, Clinton praised Adele, calling the singer her “go-to voice.”
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?