Adele told fans at a Miami concert Tuesday night that she’s “100% for Hillary Clinton”—as Clinton listened from the audience.
“Don’t vote for [Donald Trump],” the singer said, according to CNN. “I can’t vote but I am 100% for Hillary Clinton, I love her, she’s amazing.”
While this isn’t the first time Adele has praised Clinton or denounced Trump during her North American tour, it was the first time that the Democratic presidential nominee was there to hear it.
Adele, who is British, acknowledged that the next President of the U.S. has an impact on the entire world, not just the country. “I am English, but what happens in America affects me, too,” Adele told the audience at American Airlines Arena.
In a March interview, Clinton praised Adele, calling the singer her “go-to voice.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement