Colin Powell says he’s voting for his fellow former Secretary of State this election season.
Powell announced his intentions at a meeting of the Long Island Association on Tuesday, his assistant confirmed to TIME. Those present at the event said he praised Hillary Clinton’s leadership skills and underlined Donald Trump’s lack of preparedness for the nation’s highest office, the New York Times reports.
In September, a hack of Powell’s email account revealed his disdain for Trump and his ambivalence toward Clinton.
Powell expressed support for Barack Obama in both 2008 and 2012, similarly waiting until late in the election seasons to do so.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org