A father was killed and his two children were injured on Monday night when he jumped from a New Jersey bridge while holding them.
The man jumped from an interstate overpass into a wooded area near the Wanaque River around 8 p.m., state police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His two children, whose ages were not immediately available, suffered non life-threatening injuries and were taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Police said it appears the man intentionally jumped, but it is not yet clear what caused him to do so.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023