People really want to be Tom Hanks this Halloween. And not just because he’s America’s Dad, or because of his iconic turns as Forrest Gump, Captain Phillips, or Captain Sully. No, it’s his most recent Saturday Night Live appearance as the bizarre character of “David S. Pumpkins” that’s driving fans to shell out for the same zany suit that Hanks dons in the wacky skit… if they can still find it, that is.
Multiple outlets note that the exact, instantly-iconic jack-o-lantern print suit that Hanks jammed out in now appears to be sold out, but fear not: you can pick up a similar bold style on Party City and some decent alternatives on eBay. Fun fact: Hanks’s pumpkin suit was even recommended two years ago by a post on Pee Wee Herman’s website, so you know it’s a classic look that will stand the test of time and the faddishness of Halloween trends.
In the meantime, just keep watching Hanks’s turn as the unexpectedly hilarious Pumpkins in the clip above, and try to convince your friends to be your B-boy skeleton backup dancers for the weekend’s festivities. You still have plenty of time to practice your synchronized dancing and perfect your delivery of the deceptively eerie line: “Any questions?”
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now