People really want to be Tom Hanks this Halloween. And not just because he’s America’s Dad, or because of his iconic turns as Forrest Gump, Captain Phillips, or Captain Sully. No, it’s his most recent Saturday Night Live appearance as the bizarre character of “David S. Pumpkins” that’s driving fans to shell out for the same zany suit that Hanks dons in the wacky skit… if they can still find it, that is.
Multiple outlets note that the exact, instantly-iconic jack-o-lantern print suit that Hanks jammed out in now appears to be sold out, but fear not: you can pick up a similar bold style on Party City and some decent alternatives on eBay. Fun fact: Hanks’s pumpkin suit was even recommended two years ago by a post on Pee Wee Herman’s website, so you know it’s a classic look that will stand the test of time and the faddishness of Halloween trends.
In the meantime, just keep watching Hanks’s turn as the unexpectedly hilarious Pumpkins in the clip above, and try to convince your friends to be your B-boy skeleton backup dancers for the weekend’s festivities. You still have plenty of time to practice your synchronized dancing and perfect your delivery of the deceptively eerie line: “Any questions?”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time