The Sully star — who hosted the comedy sketch show for the ninth time Saturday night — not only appeared as David S. Pumpkins, the least scary attraction on the 100 Floors of Fright haunted hotel ride, but in a cut-for-time skit as Paul Cannon, a comedian with an arsenal of Oct. 31-themed jokes perfect for any dad.
During the Weekend Update bit, Hanks’ only comedic talent was upstaging Kyle Mooney’s Bruce Chandling, who struggled to get a single laugh out of anchor Michael Che.
Watch the full SNL clip above.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma