The Chainsmokers have dominated the pop charts this fall, with their single “Closer” featuring singer Halsey resting easy atop the Billboard Hot 100 for over nine weeks now. On Monday, the electro-pop DJ duo finally released the official music video to go along with the inescapable chart topper. (The YouTube lyric video has already racked up half a billion streams.)
Starring Chainsmoker Drew Taggart and vocalist Halsey as the embattled lovers of the conflicted lyrics, the moody video tracks their romance’s ups and downs, from casual house party to spartan bedroom to… casual house party. There is plenty of appropriately steamy shirtless writhing and meaningful stares on both parts.
The Chainsmokers are set to premiere a new track, “Setting Fires,” on Nov. 4. Although the young duo have never released a full album and don’t intend to do so anytime soon, their series of hits—they’ve racked up three triple-platinum singles—will be packaged in a five-track EP entitled Collage, also out on Nov. 4.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time