Chicagoans rejoiced Saturday after the Cubs made history by reaching the World Series for the first time since 1945.
The excitement even reached President Obama. Although he is a lifelong Chicago White Sox fan, Obama extended his congratulations to the team and fans on Saturday.
“Even this White Sox fan was happy to see Wrigley rocking last night,” Obama wrote.
Democratic presidential nominee and Chicago native Hillary Clinton looked thrilled at the news aboard her campaign airplane, according to a tweet from her traveling press secretary Nick Merrill.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow