Dylan, 75, has stayed silent for more than a week, neither responding to the Academy nor commenting on the award publicly since it was announced on Oct. 13. He also removed mention of the award from his website this week.
“It’s impolite and arrogant,” Swedish writer Per Wastberg, a member of the academy, said in an interview on SVT public television, according to the Guardian.
The Swedish Academy has stopped trying to contact Dylan after making several attempts to reach him. The group does not yet know if he will attend the annual award ceremony in Stockholm in December.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time