Vice President Joe Biden wants to take on Donald Trump—and not on a debate stage.
During a speech at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania on Friday while campaigning for Hillary Clinton, Biden addressed Trump’s aggressive and lewd remarks about women from a recently leaked 2005 video. He said Trump’s “disgusting assertion” that he could grope and kiss women because he was famous was the “textbook definition of sexual assault”—and Biden had an idea for conveying his disapproval.
“The press always asks me: don’t I wish I were debating him,” Biden said. “No, I wish we were in high school—I could take him behind the gym. That’s what I wish.”
The crowd approved: there was collective cheer of “yeaaah” after Biden delivered the line.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating