Virginia residents now have until the end of Friday to register to vote after computer glitches kept some from successfully signing up earlier this week.
A federal judge on Thursday extended the registration deadline to 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21, to make up for lost time, officials said. Some Virginians experienced technical difficulties while trying to register to vote on the state’s website nearing the original Monday deadline, according to the Associated Press.
Judge Claude M. Hilton of U.S. District Court in Alexandria said voter registration is to resume immediately.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org